Blackford, Jay and Randolph County Healthy Families
The Blackford, Jay and Randolph County Healthy Families program was established
through the Youth Service Bureau of Jay County, Inc. in June of 1998.
This program is part of the larger initiative of Healthy Families Indiana and Healthy Families America. Healthy Families is a voluntary home visiting program offered to new and expectant families in Blackford, Jay, and Randolph Counties. Self-referrals are accepted, along with referrals from other outside agencies or service organizations.
Healthy Families currently provides services to families beginning prenatally through the age of three (3)
Support for this program provided by:
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Healthy Families provides the following services to families:
- Personal home visits by a Family Support Specialist
- Prenatal information focusing on a healthy pregnancy
- Child development information, development milestones, and activities to
promote parent/child interaction
- Utilizes a network of community resources to ensure families have access to
pre and post-natal services and the additional support needed for a child’s
- Developmental screenings for young children