Every Child Begins the World Again
Henry David Thoreau
They Can't Wait
A Commitment to Children & Familes.
To assist children, youth, and families in achieving their greatest potential.
The development of strong, productive individuals and families.
We Love What We Do!
The Youth Service Bureau strives to create a stable, caring, and secure environment where staff and clients can develop the necessary skills to improve personal traits, attitudes, behaviors, and relationships. We will achieve this by respectfully communicating with youth and families, with others within the organization and those in the community we serve. Our goal is to develop personal and professional integrity though honesty and ethical practices and establish this organization as one of the leaders in advocating for youth and families.
YSB Core Values
Healthy Families is a voluntary home visiting program offered to new and expectant families in
Blackford, Jay, and Randolph Counties
All Services Are Free
*To be eligible for our services, a family must meet some income eligibility guidelines and must be expecting or have an infant under 3 months of age.
Healthy Families believes
- All parents want the best for their children.
- All parents are responsible for helping their children grow and succeed.
- All parents benefit from support and encouragement.
What to expect from Healthy Families?
- Support during your pregnancy and early years of parenting
- Ideas that will let you know if your baby is growing and developing like other children the same age.
- Help to create a safe and caring home for your child.
- How to make home safe for young children
- How to balance parents needs and children’s needs
- Where to find resources for parents and children
- What to expect as children grow
Making A Difference Every Day
Committed To Helping Our Community Thrive.
Home Based Family Centered Services
Intervention services are provided to facilitate the continuum of care for families.
Residential Care/Emergency Shelter Care
The emphasis of this program is on intensive therapeutic intervention and maintaining and strengthening family contacts.
A voluntary home visiting program offered to new and expectant families in Blackford, Jay and Randolph Counties.
Several services are offered for clients who are Medicaid approved.
Services are provided for Jay County students suspended, recommended for expulsion, or at risk for not graduating or being expelled.
Behavioral, Academic and Social Education is focused on youth in grades 7-12 living in Randolph County.
Children In The Middle
An educational program designed for divorcing parents with minor children.
A national youth outreach and prevention program for young people under the age of 18 (up to 21 years of age in some communities) in need of immediate help and safety.